On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 16:04, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> If blender were to have a lot of dependencies, how would you keep the ~x86
> versions from being installed (assuming blender would run with the x86
> versions)?
If I understand your correctly; installing with ~x86 will only pull in
the necessary masked ebuilds.

Then to insure that future updates don't down grade the ~x86 packages
use -U (upgrade only) when you next emerge.

Although I have to admit -U is a bit hit an miss. On at least on
occasion I had to downgrade even with -U specified. I the re-upgraded
once the update was complete.

Cheers

--
Dg