>  I have a solid piece of hardware named Compaq. It's a rack mounted
> machine with an astonishing P-200 processor and 4 SCSI disks.
>  I tried with several distributions, but all failed. Finally I managed
> to install a debian 3.0 on it. It runs a ftp/http server. Everything is
> ok.
>
>  But some time ago I discovered Gentoo and I replaced my desktop
> distribution from RH to G1.4. I'm happy with that. I would like to have
> Gentoo also on the server, just to manage a single distribution.
>
>  I tried several times installing it, but always failed. I also tried
> with the (gentoo based) Rescue CD 0.2.9 (www.sysresccd.org) which works
> great on other machines, but no luck. Now I don't know how to proceed.
>  I included a part of the booting process where the SCSI driver is
> mentioned.
>
> Can somebody help?

Hey Goran,

I've installed Gentoo on many, many, eh.. many old Compaqs.  RAID and No
RAID.  Check out these threads I wrote a while back for help.  If you're
using a 1600/2500 you'll likely run into a few of those.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=14574&highlight=proliant+2500

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=16206&highlight=proliant+2500

If you need any detailed help, feel free to email me directly.

-brian