On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 05:17, Øystein Olsen wrote:
> On Saturday 24 January 2004 09:27, Tianran Chen wrote:
> > i am so confused by the bootsplash. after grabbing my hair for a few days
> > trying to get the bootsplash to work, i am at the edge of giving up. can
> > people who already get bootsplash working send me copies of those
> > important configuration files? these include:
> >

> This is how I got bootsplash to work:
>
> http://folk.uio.no/oeysteio/bootsplash/

Hi,
   I went through and followed your excellent set of instructions this
morning. Thanks for putting that together. I tried 2.4.22-r5 as that was
the newest on my machine. Unfortunately the kernel is having some oops
problems while loading drivers, so I need to figure that one out. I may
back up and try 2.4.22-r4 like you used. I run 2.4.22-r2 right now.

   One problem I had was that I did not find the 'Use splash screen
instead of boot logo' option in 2.4.22-r5. I understand from your
instructions that this should be on the Frame buffer support page, but I
don't see it. (Probably blind...) ;-)

   Anyway, nice page. I did get a frame buffer boot happening instead of
the more boring normal boot, but then had these oops problems and had to
reboot.

Cheers,
Mark