On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi,
>    I went through and followed your excellent set of instructions this
> morning. Thanks for putting that together. I tried 2.4.22-r5 as that was
> the newest on my machine. Unfortunately the kernel is having some oops
> problems while loading drivers, so I need to figure that one out. I may
> back up and try 2.4.22-r4 like you used. I run 2.4.22-r2 right now.
>
>    One problem I had was that I did not find the 'Use splash screen
> instead of boot logo' option in 2.4.22-r5. I understand from your
> instructions that this should be on the Frame buffer support page, but I
> don't see it. (Probably blind...) ;-)

it you cannot see the option in 2.4.22-r4, it might be the case that the
kernel is not patched yet. but it seems to me that the 2.4.22-r5 is
already patched with the bootsplash kernel patch. did you enable the
option:

    Code maturity level option
        -> [*] Prompt for development and/or imcomplete code/drivers