Ciaran McCreesh wrote:

If you think 2.6.x kernels are stable, try using an unpatched 2.6.1
kernel with a GB or Japanese (or possibly German) keyboard.

Actually, almost any non-english keyboard is affected somehow.

Such as non-US keyboards being totally broken, you mean? :) (If anyone cares, this is fixed in 2.6.2-rc2.)

Fixed, really? Did they restore the old "broken" key mapping then, or is there some temporary patch in place? Because as far as I remember the whole issue is caused by disagreement between developers on whether the old key mapping in 2.4 kernels was right or not, and if it is, then who should fix it if anyone. It is nice to know though that I can get my apostrophe back, it has been a tad bit annoying to type english without them.

--
.signature: No such file or directory