On Jan 27, 2004, at 12:18 am, Collins Richey wrote:

1. 2.5/2.6 has been a smoother transition on my machines (AthlonXP and P4) than 2.3/2.4 was. Nary a burp. My personal experience only. No scientific study. YMMV. My opinion and $2.00 will buy you coffee most places in the world.

Clearly yours is an American-centric opinion. Others have suggested that some 2.6 kernels may have issues with non-US keyboards, I would like to point you to the story the Economist <http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=2361072> published a couple of weeks ago. In Europe the average price of a tall latte is quoted as €2.93 or $3.70.

I shall be printing out your posting and popping into Starbucks tomorrow to see if your opinion is worth a $1.70 discount.

Stroller.