On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:33:40 +0000
Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:21:49 -0600 Rainer Sigwald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> | There is something to what you say.  It's good for devs and whatnot,
>
> Yes, it means we can flame people to a crisp when they don't read the
> manual and search the archives before posting, not sign the message and
> then claim that it was an imposter.

Sorry, by the same logic, if you just repress the urge to flame someone (IMO the least
productive activity on any list anytime, anywhere), then you won't need to know (or
care) whether or not you're dealing with an imposter.

Maybe I'm an imposter, too, but I've been posting on various groups for six years
under the same moniker, learning a lot, helping out where I can, and trying to avoid
flaming anyone.  If we were dealing with money transfers I could see the need for PGP
and authentication.  To me it's worthless, to you it's essential, which is where I
started my comment.

--
Collins - Denver Area -
Gentoo stable kernel 2.6.2-rc1