On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:16:24 +0100
"Matthias F. Brandstetter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all SpamAssassin users!
>
> I am using SA since some months now and never had to look back. It filtered
> around 98-99% of all spam mails out. But since one or two months, I would
> say the false negative rate is around 30%, but I do not have any idea why
> this could be.
>
> On another SA installation with serveral virtual email domains I have
> exactly the same problem ... but here again, problem exists since one or
> two months.
>
> Did so many spammers changed their spam technics? What could be done (if
> possible only with SA's help) to reach my hit rate of 99% again? An update
> to SA version 2.60 did not change anything :(
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!
> Greetings, Matthias

Matthias,
        There are a couple things you can try.  First of all I would recommend
Spambayes.  I've been using it for a couple weeks now and it has cut the false
negatives down to a minimum.  I use it via procmail to filter any messages that get
through spamassassin.  Another option may be to tweak some of the scores in
spamassassin.  I have found this to be very time consuming and tedious work but it
does help.

Spambayes Home Page:
http://spambayes.sf.net

SpamAssassin Custom Rules Emporium:
http://www.merchantsoverseas.com/wwwroot/gorilla/sa_rules.htm

> --
> Alone!  I'm alone!  I'm a lonely, insignificant speck on a has-been
> planet orbited by a cold, indifferent sun!
>
>               -- Homer Simpson
>                  El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Homer

- --

Greg A. Bur