Hi,

在 2004-02-03 Tue 的 09:51, Peter Wu 写道:
> Before installing courier-imap, I had my postfix/maildrop working pretty
> well with maildir.
>
> I emerged courier-imap this morning and started the daemon afterwards.
> Everything looked good but neither Outlook Express nor Mozilla Messenger
> can see the folders on the imap server. What's worse, Mozilla creates
> Inbox and Inbox.Trash folders on the server somewhere that I cannot find
> to delete them.
>
> After reading some docs, I guess the culprit could be the permissions of
> my maildirs.
As I know, courier-imapd will be started as user id/gid to server the
request after authorization done, hence, it shouldn't be perm. probs.

If you 'man maildirmake' you will find that, the 'folder' is somewhat
different. May be, the probs is caused the list/{subfolders} structure,
which is not understood by courier-imap.

As I used the maildirmake command to create a lots of folder, all folder
is appear as '~/.maildir/.Folder1.SecondLevelFolder2

In evolution, it will appear as
Inbox
- Folder1
  - SecondLevelFolder2

Sure I am not a expert, but it may be the hints for you to hurt down the
problems

> Here they are:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] peterwu $ ls -l ~/.maildir/
> total 3
> drwxr-xr-x    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:47 inbox
> drwx------    8 peterwu  users         232 Feb  1 21:20 lists
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:52 postponed
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:51 sent
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 30 10:02 spam
>
> lists is a dir under which I had mailing lists archived.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] peterwu $ ls -l ~/.maildir/lists/
> total 3
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:48 gentoo-user
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Feb  1 18:07 mono-list
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Feb  1 21:20 postfix-users
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Feb  1 21:19 proftp-user
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 30 17:31 slrn-user
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 30 08:33 vim
>
> What I want to do is:
> When I log in the IMAP server with my peterwu username/password, I should
> be able to see everything under ~/.maildir/ from an IMAP client. In the
> meantime, mutt should be still working as before on the Linux box.
>
> The /etc/courier-imap/imapd contains:
>
> #Hardwire a value for ${MAILDIR}
> MAILDIR=.maildir
> #Put any program for ${PRERUN} here
> PRERUN=
>
> . What permissions should I put on those maildirs?
> . How to delete the annoying Inbox and Inbox.Trash dirs added by Mozilla?
>
> If you need me to post more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Have fun!
Zarick