On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 08:51:10PM -0500, Peter Wu wrote:
> Before installing courier-imap, I had my postfix/maildrop working pretty
> well with maildir.
>
> I emerged courier-imap this morning and started the daemon afterwards.
> Everything looked good but neither Outlook Express nor Mozilla Messenger
> can see the folders on the imap server. What's worse, Mozilla creates
> Inbox and Inbox.Trash folders on the server somewhere that I cannot find
> to delete them.
>
> After reading some docs, I guess the culprit could be the permissions of
> my maildirs.
>
> Here they are:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] peterwu $ ls -l ~/.maildir/
> total 3
> drwxr-xr-x    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:47 inbox
> drwx------    8 peterwu  users         232 Feb  1 21:20 lists
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:52 postponed
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:51 sent
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 30 10:02 spam

Use ls -la and you should see the mozilla folders. They are hidden
files.

> lists is a dir under which I had mailing lists archived.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] peterwu $ ls -l ~/.maildir/lists/
> total 3
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 29 17:48 gentoo-user
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Feb  1 18:07 mono-list
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Feb  1 21:20 postfix-users
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Feb  1 21:19 proftp-user
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 30 17:31 slrn-user
> drwx------    5 peterwu  users         120 Jan 30 08:33 vim
>
> What I want to do is:
> When I log in the IMAP server with my peterwu username/password, I should
> be able to see everything under ~/.maildir/ from an IMAP client. In the
> meantime, mutt should be still working as before on the Linux box.
>
> The /etc/courier-imap/imapd contains:
>
> #Hardwire a value for ${MAILDIR}
> MAILDIR=.maildir
> #Put any program for ${PRERUN} here
> PRERUN=
>
> . What permissions should I put on those maildirs?
> . How to delete the annoying Inbox and Inbox.Trash dirs added by Mozilla?
>
> If you need me to post more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

I have a similar set up but mine looks like this:

$ ls -al ~/.maildir

drwx------   15 mike     users         488 Feb  2 19:16 .
drwxr-xr-x   15 mike     users        1408 Feb  2 19:41 ..
drwx------    5 mike     users         152 Dec 12 21:49 .Drafts
drwx------    6 mike     users         224 Dec 23 08:34 .Sent
drwx------    6 mike     users         224 Dec 26 20:02 .Trash
drwx------    6 mike     users         192 Dec 23 09:16 .lists
drwx------    6 mike     users         240 Jan 31 06:20 .lists.clue-tech
drwx------    6 mike     users         768 Feb  2 19:46 .lists.gentoo-user
drwx------    5 mike     users         152 Oct  7 20:23 .lists.traffic
drwx------    6 mike     users         224 Feb  2 19:36 .outbox
drwx------    6 mike     users         224 Nov 26 13:28 .postponed
drwx------    2 mike     users          48 Feb  2 13:14 courierimapkeywords
-rw-r--r--    1 mike     users          64 Dec 12 21:53 courierimapsubscribed
-rw-r--r--    1 mike     users        3151 Feb  2 19:16 courierimapuiddb
drwx------    2 mike     users        4640 Feb  2 19:16 cur
drwx------    2 mike     users          48 Feb  2 19:16 new
drwx------    2 mike     users          48 Feb  2 19:42 tmp

You probably want to change the maildir/path separater. I think there is
an option for it can't recall right now. Will have to do some research.

HTH
Mike