Hi,
   I've got a number of games for which I like to keep a backup copy of the
CDs at the office. This saves me having to drag around the CDs and
forgetting then in one place or another when the fancy strikes me to play.
So far so good. This has always worked.

   Recently I picked up a copy of Myst III Exile, and for whatever reason
the copies don't seem to work. My reason for suspecting that there might be
some sort of copy protection on them is a little app I used under Windows
(Iso Power Recorder) won't generate a correct iso image, so I've been doing
the image under Linux using mkisofs. mkisofs will generate the image, and
the image seems good enough to install the game, but not good enough to play
the game.

   Am I dealing with copy protection, or is this something else?

   I'm just using

mkisofs -o EXILE_DISK_1.iso /mnt/cdrom

which seems simple and straight forward, but maybe it's not good enough?
There are a ton of options to mkisofs. Do I need to try some other specific
ones?

Thanks,
Mark