Larry Meadors wrote:

I used it for a data CD that was copy protected, and it worked.

YMMV. :)

I think these were the commands:

cdrdao read-cd --device 2,0,0 --read-raw \
 --datafile mydata.bin -v 99 mydata.cue

Then this:

cdrdao write --device 2,0,0 --overburn \
 -v 99 --speed 4 mydata.cue

Larry

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/03/04 4:06 PM >>>

You might try cdrdao, I have used it to copy all kinds of stuff.

Larry, OK, I just emerged cdrdao. Can you provide me with a suggested command line? Looking at the options it looks like it's intended for audio CDs and not data CDs.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Copy protection systems many times put CRC values on the CD that do not match the data. They then look for those "bogus" values when you go to play the game. Most software wants to write the "correct" CRC which then causes the game to fail. Good luck and send an email to the list if you find a solution that works. I have several disks I would like to have backups for but can't.