On Thursday 05 February 2004 1:01 pm, Gerald Preissler wrote:
> Matthias F. Brandstetter wrote:
> > ---------- quoting Gerald Preissler ----------
> >
> >> While emerging kdebase-3.2.0.ebuild, I get the following errors:
> >
> > ] snip [
> >
> >> The compile later ends with an error message
> >
> > ] snip [
> >
> > I hade exactly the same problem yesterday night. But after downgrading my
> > autoconf to version 2.58 (from 2.59) I had no further errors during
> > KDE-3.2 compilation...
>
> Thanks for the tip, unfortunately this did not solve the problem on my
> machine. If I can find some time tonight or tomorrow, I'll try to get it to
> build using ebuild. After all, the compile works when I do everything
> manually, so it has to be /something/ in the setup.
>
> regards
>         Jerry
I just completed the kde install on my main box. I had a few problems on my
test box, but after I did another emerge sync, and upgraded my automake and
autoconf, I compiled without a hitch.
 I recommend doing another sync, and the updates first, and if you have any
other 3.2 betas or rc's installed, boot to gnome or a terminal, and unmerge
them first. ( first rename your .kde folder to oldkde, so you can copy back
your bookmarks and/or configs later). The last emerge sync apparently
corrected a bunch of compiling problems in the ebuilds. There's some threads
on the forum talking about these things, but the newest sync fixes them, and
all the patches are not needed now.

Robert Crawford