On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:05:43 -0700
Collins Richey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:16:20 -0500
> Robert Crawford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the tip, unfortunately this did not solve the problem
> > > on my machine. If I can find some time tonight or tomorrow, I'll
> > > try to get it to build using ebuild. After all, the compile works
> > > when I do everything manually, so it has to be /something/ in the
> > > setup.
> > >
> > > regards
> > >         Jerry
> > I just completed the kde install on my main box. I had a few
> > problems on my test box, but after I did another emerge sync, and
> > upgraded my automake and autoconf, I compiled without a hitch.
> >  I recommend doing another sync, and the updates first, and if you
> >  have any
> > other 3.2 betas or rc's installed, boot to gnome or a terminal, and
> > unmerge them first. ( first rename your .kde folder to oldkde, so
> > you can copy back your bookmarks and/or configs later). The last
> > emerge sync apparently corrected a bunch of compiling problems in
> > the ebuilds. There's some threads on the forum talking about these
> > things, but the newest sync fixes them, and all the patches are not
> > needed now.
> >

> I agree with Robert.  I'm nearing the end of an all day install of
> latest kde/qt/dependencies on my labrat machine (AthlonXP 1800+ 512M),
> and I've seen no such errors.  emerge sync as of yesterday.  kdegames
> in progress; ove package remaining.
>
> On top of that, this is a latest 2.6.2 system with ~x86 everything and
> nptl.

Update: so I lied.  kdegames crapped out very near the end, but who
needs games, anyway. Will report the failure when I get a round tuit.
I'll probably wait a few days to see if I missed anything recent.  Up
and running with the new 3.2 on my labrat machine.  Also up and running
here, but this machine is stable and no nptl.

--
Collins - Denver Area -
Gentoo stable kernel 2.6.2-rc1