On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, Ted Ozolins wrote:

> Isn't this an FBI jurisdiction. I would email them (at least forward the
> trash she's been getting). Once they have probable cause, they can then
> get the court orders needed to track the sick bastard down (hopefully
> put him down while their at it)

That's IF you can get the interested.  In my experience you'll have little
change of getting them involved unless the person is making threats of
some sort (and graphic ones at that).

If Hotmail won't give you any details about their user, ask them to hold
onto the relevant logs so that you can have your local law enforcement
request them in one of many ways.  Then visit your local police station
*in person* with your aunt and possibiy her daughter.  Bring along printed
copies of the harassing email(s).  Make sure one of the ladies shows some
strong emotion (tears work every time).  Explain the nitty gritty to the
cop and let them know that you requested MS keep the relevant logs for the
cops to request.  If they won't take any action you should try your
state's BI.  They might be inclined to help.  If no law enforcement agency
gives a hoot call you local TV station and give them the scoop on how the
cops won't investigate further.  This usually works quite well.  Best of
luck.

Justin

     Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.