On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Jakub Krajcovic wrote:

> I installed the 5336 nvidia (not ebuild) package under 2.4.22-gentoo-r5
> kernel without problems. (But i think that after doing this my 2.6
> module disappeared (not sure))

Yes, the NVIDIA's installer, searched and if it finds a nvidia.o for
another kernel version existing it removes it, before compiling it for the
kernel version it is run under.

The 5336 nvidia shuld work under 2.4.x, just download the file (it ends
with a .run), and  execute it as root, answer no if it asks you whether to
see if it has a precompiled driver for your kernel, and it should compile
and install your driver (it might also ask you if it can remove the 5336
driver for the 2.6 version, this is ok). If you later want the 2.6 kernel
to use nvidia, you will have to run the installer under 2.6 again though.

Bye,
Grendel.

--
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)