Hi,

Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
I meant an autodetect tool to help install new devices with appropriate
drivers (coming from Mandrake, I'm looking for a 'harddrake'
replacement, which is not crucial but comes in handy from time to time)

Ah. Gentoo doesn't have anything like this as standard, but I guess there may be some tools out there. Generally, gentooists go through the configuration manually - it usually isnt too long winded. There is plenty of information on the forums about this kind of thing (CUPS setup etc), but if you don't have the time, then you might consider using some of the wizards that KDE/similar include.

Daniel