On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, The awesome and feared Grendel commented thusly,

> On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, The awesome and feared Dennis Robertson commented thusly,

> > I have an asus a7n8x deluxe mobo with intel8x0 and via82xx sound. I am using
>
> No the above information is wrong, the a7n8x deluxe depends on the
> nforrce2 mcp-t2 chip to give out audio.  the nvidia driver is better
> than the intel810 driver.

I forgot to mention that if your kernel is the 2.6 series then the nvidias
driver wont compile :( Therefore I would suggest that you have 2 options
1. Use alsas i810 driver only. there should be no need for a via driver at
all.
2. use ther kernels OSS 810 driver.

Grendel

--
Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)