> But regarding Wine.  How does one launch attachments form Agent under wine?
> Does that start another _windows_ process, or does some linux process handle
> those (according to mime type) ?  That always puzzled me.

Good question.  I can't recall ever doing that as averything I used it
for was text only.  When Pan and Sylpheed-Claws came around, I abandoned
any use of Agent.

But I'm pretty much old school - I like my apps seperate, thus use Mutt for
mail and Pan for news groups.  It's kind of full-circle, from
RSTS/E Email (text) and trn for newsgroups to guis on WinXX, then Zmail,
Netscape Mail/News, to Mutt and Pan.

News was always the big problem - trn and nn were ok way back, but drive
me crazy now.

fwiw - Sylpheed-Claws works pretty well for me at home for my pop3 email.
It supports imap, but is more Netscape/Mozilla like than Agent like.

Bob