On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 00:28 -0800, John Lowell wrote:

[snip]

> I have no idea what in heaven's name would cause a delay of this kind.
> Is an answer to this problem really so obscure? God knows, maybe it
> is.

I'm pretty far down the Linux food chain, even farther so in the Gentoo
community, but this occurred to me... Is there some way you can crank up
the debug output level on the kernel itself??

Usually whenever I have a problem whose source isn't immediately
apparent, the first thing I try to do is scour the logs for anything
off-color that occurs around the questionable point. If I don't see
anything, my next knee-jerk reaction is to crank up the debug level so
that there's a better chance of me catching something!

Best Regards & Good Luck,
Dave