After evaluating around a dozen different say middle-class Open Source CMS I landed at XOOPS which I am using for over 2 years now. XOOPS is a template based system with a lot of already builtin functionality (forums, news, registration etc. etc.) and an enormous number of expansion modules (from Galleries to Wiki, from Guestboook to Calendars and so forth)

You can find their site here: http://www.xoops.org/modules/news/

Daniel G. Siegel schrieb:
Hi!

I'm looking for a good CMS, that i can run on my Gentoo machine and
on the FreeBSD-Server, where i don't have a root-account. It doesn't
have to exist in portage, i could write an ebuild.

The CMS should have:

A _very_ good gallery, with automatic thumbnail-creating
A small blog-system

my configuration looks like this: safe_mode=off, GD2 installed
php4.3, mysql4.0. I can't use gallery.sf.net, it doesn't work on the
server. Thanks for advices.

Greetings Daniel

-- Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Heinz Sporn