Hi,

the original poster (me ;), got the card (ipw2200) working, would very
like to use the gentoo methods, but wasn't able to get wpa_supplicant
(masked) to work.
He tried to ebuild wpa_supplicant and the (needless) madwifi was
downloaded and installed too amd the build failed.
The (gentoo installed) hotplug didn't load the firmware. That's why I
unmerged this too and installed it by hand. It's working now.

Maybe the firmware problem is caused by the fact that gentoo by some
reason /usr/lib/hotplug moved to /lib/hotplug.

Well, /usr could be a filesystem which still isn't mounted when the
firmware is needed but I don't have an idea in which cases this could
happen.

Regards
Frank

On Thu,