Unfortunately, X or KDE (I don't know which one...) freezes fairly often... I can, of course, hit the reset button on the front of the computer, but that's not good a good thing to do. Is there anyything else I may be able to do? I don't want to lose data...

Ctrl-Shift-Backspace or whatever it is does not work, nor does hitting Ctrl-Alt-F2 or something to switch to the command line. Seems like either keyboard input is ignored, or the stuff projected to the screen completely freezes. Probably the second, since I can still move the mouse around. Just can't click anything, and icons and all don't change when I mouse-over them.

Hey... That gives me an idea. Think it could be that just video output is forzen, so I could hit Ctrl-Alt-F2 and log in as root and reboot or something?