On 01/16/05 17:23, Douglas James Dunn wrote:
I would really suggest trying to switch eventually though it should work
on 2.6.9 but there is a lot of bug fixes on 2.6.10.  It shouldnt work
too much different from your kernel you have now you just have to make
sure you have all the correct kernel modules loaded for your hardware.
once you have all the correct kernel modules compiled for new kernel.
It wouldnt be like a switch from 2.4 to 2.6.  between 2.6.9 and 2.6.10
there shouldnt be too many huge differences.   There's a lot of bug
fixes, its the best they made so far

the only ones I use are the agpgart cipset alsa NIC and nvidia which
gets compiled from.  But personally i wouldnt worry about upgading to
the new version of the kernel breaking anything. it could possibly even
fix things rather than break them.

Meh. I will go change to 2.6.10 right now, it's just that it took me a good amount of time and a good number of threads on the Gentoo forum before I got it to work, so I'm kind of afraid of touching the kernel. :P