On 01/16/05 22:12, Nick Rout wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:01:03 +0000
Peng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It mentions both a Via VT82C686B and the AC97.

what mentions both a Via VT82C686B and the AC97? the biostar page
doesn't seem to?

The lspci command the Gentoo page you linked says to do does.

do you mean lspci on *your* machine mentions Via VT82C686B and the AC97?
or are you referring to the *example* on the gentoo doc page. remember
thats only an example showing you how to get the required info.

what is the result of:

lspci | grep -i audio

on your system?

It said it on my system... Oogh. I still can't figure out how to copy and paste. But it mentions the nForce2 AC97 chip and the VT82C686B.