I finally went and upgraded to kernel 2.6.10-gentoo-r6 (I somehow managed not to screw everything up, except forgetting to emerge the nVidia drivers again :D ), and everything still crashes.

Good thing is that the AltGr-K-S-U-B thing works fine. Thanks for that. I guess I'll just have to keep the NvAGP line in xorg.conf.

Hmm. Maybe upgrading KDE to 3.3.2 would fix it? Last time I tried to, the artwork package failed to compile... Would using version 3.3.1 of that and 3.3.2 of everything else work?