> YMMV, I tried that, but WinXP still left an unmoveable file in the
> middle of the disk even after turning off virtual memory. I'm not a
> windows expert, so I don't have a clue what the file was. So, I was
> left with the convenience of getting half the space freed quickly and
> the inconvenience of some unused space in the WinXP partition.
>
> Good luck.

you need one of those 'live windows cd's' or i think M$ calls it the
pre-installation environment cd, a mini windows run totally from cd just
like the linux kinds, will let you move anything around on the disk and
even delete files (system volume information and such) that you normally
cant remove while in windows, even in safe mode. is worth a shot.
> --
>  Collins

Nick Smith