On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Christopher Fisk wrote:

I agree, in fact, I will probably end up replying to the wrong person on some threads, which can become annoying. But that said, if you have access to procmail you can use the following recipe to keep from getting duplicate messages:

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
$FORMAIL -D 8192 .msgid.cache

It keeps a list of all message id's sent to you and deletes duplicates. Great for instances such as this. (it's been useful for me because of all the lists I am on)

Also, if you have procmail, you can mung your own reply-to into lists that don't use it.

http://www.wecs.com/replytorc.htm