On Thursday 31 March 2005 08:33 am, Jason Cooper wrote:
> Ed Jabbour ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) scribbled:
> > After days of wrangling with /etc/wireless, I got it -- almost.  One
> > problem remains.  At boot, wlan0 sets up fine, but then dhcpcd fails,
> > returning that "dhcpcd is already running on wlan0".  Once booted, I
> > must
> > remove /var/run/dhcpcd-wlan0.pid and then run dhcpcd.  I can't seem to
> > find what in the wirelss script is causing this and can't think of where
> > else to look.   Any advice appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> It sounds like net.wlan0 isn't being shutdown cleanly.  When you
> shutdown do you see wlan0 being brought down?  That is when that pid
> lock file would be removed.
>
> Try shutting down net.wlan0 manually (/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 stop) and
> either restart it or reboot.  Do you get the same error?

Nope.  Shutting down manually:

[Thu Mar 31] root:/etc/conf.d$ /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 stop
 * Unmounting network filesystems ...                [ ok ]
 * Unmounting NFS filesystems ...                       [ ok ]
 * Stopping NFS statd ...                                      [ ok ]
 * Stopping portmap ...                                        [ ok ]
 * Stopping wlan0
 *    Bringing down wlan0
 *       Stopping dhcpcd on wlan0 ...                     [ ok ]
 *       Shutting down wlan0 ...                             [ ok ]

Starting:

Thu Mar 31] root:/etc/conf.d$ /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 start
 * Starting wlan0
 *    Configuring wireless network for wlan0
 *       wlan0 connected to "Arachne" at ............
 *       in managed mode (WEP enabled - restricted)
 *    Bringing up wlan0
 *       dhcp
 *          Running dhcpcd ...                       [ ok ]
 *          wlan0 received address 192.168.1.5

Then, at shutdown, everything, including dhcpcd, flits by the screen as in
the "stop" stuff above.  However, reboot delivers the same "dhcpcd already
running."  It is a conundrum.