Mark Knecht wrote:

>Hi,
>   Is there anything that can be said about which FS might be more
>reliable if using some form of RAID? I don't know much about RAID yet
>but I'm starting to consider it for some of my setup here. Disks are
>getting very cheap. 1394/USB2.0 hot plugable devices sound good to me.
>I use 1394 already for audio recording under Linux.
>
>   So, what about RAID. About even with all FS's?

AFAICT, yes.  I use software RAID0 on my laptop, previously with XFS,
now with reiserfs.  No ill effects to be reported.

Are you meaning to use something like RAID1 with the USB/1394 disks?
RAID0 seems kind of pointless to me in that configuration, because the
bandwidth of the USB2.0/1394 bus will really be your limiting factor
with any typical hard disk today.

-Richard