Nick Rout wrote:

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:40:46 -0500
Kirk Schneider wrote:

orrected script, suggest using with >portage-2.0.51.
Here's a script I have to handle running the updates.
If the portage hasn't been synced that day, it will clean out
the ccache files

why do you clean ccache, doesn't that defeat the purpose of ccache?

After compiles are done, some people don't have unlimited diskspace! (I rememer those times; they ween't all that long ago for me...)
(Umm, he *did* clean at the end of everything, right? (I already zapped previous messages...))

and distfiles, >

why do you clean out distfiles? what if a new r version of a package
comes out that uses the same source files? some of us don't have
unlimited bandwidth or big pipes.

See above! ;)
rgh.

hen sync portage.

Last line runs emerge to start updating the all the packages.