On 4/22/05, Christoph Gysin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> >Nick,
> >   you and Lucian seem to be on the same tack but I do not have a
> >/dev/v4l directory:
> >
> >dragonfly ~ # ls -la /dev/v4*
> >ls: /dev/v4*: No such file or directory
> >dragonfly ~ #
> >
> >Video4Linux is compiled and I've got some device drivers loaded, but
> >no v4l devices. One that has an interesting name anyway is
> >/dev/vttuner, but no v4l.
> >
> >   I've been poking around for information but so far nothing makes
> >much sense in terms of how to fix this.
> >

> Are you using udev or devfs (or static devices) ?
>
> Christoph

<hehe!!> Remember who you're talking to here Christoph. I'm a guitar
player, not an IT guy! ;-)

Default stage 3 Gentoo install from the Universal Install CD - 2005.0
profile. The install was done about a week ago. I think it's udev but
I'm not even sure how I tell you that for sure.

Remember who you're talking to here! ;-) ;-)

thanks,
Mark