Neil Bothwick wrote:

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 01:20:37 -0400, Robert G. Hays wrote:

'll put it on the laptop when OOo finally finishes compiling, although
r20 will probably be put by then...

I'll say it again, *this* is why I only update when there is a *good* reason to.

Are two GLSAs on the most recent version of openoffice-bin for that architecture enough reason to update? The time taken for the recompile isn't normally an issue, you can leave it running in the background. But upgrading portage while another emerge is running didn't strike me as a particularly good idea.

Yah, glsa's makes a pretty good reason -- what I was referring to was the part about the portage stuff getting whanged; wasn't *even* referring to compile-time!

And, having finally gotten my Gentoo 2.6.11-r4 (PickledOnion), Win4Lin, ATI-AIW-9600-dually all up (still gotta emerge a buncha things, though, including Netscape 7.1 so as to share Win & Lin mail, bookmarks, &&&&c) -- anyway!, having it up now, I *D__n* sure agree with you about diddling Portage whilst doing some other portage-task!

(Shall I tell you just _how_ many of your sig/tags I have captured? Keep 'em coming! :D ) (I'm sharing them with others (with attribution), and they are geting quite a kick out of them!)

Best,
rgh.