Am Freitag, 13. Mai 2005 08:40 schrieb ext THUFIR HAWAT:

> when you say that Gentoo installs on the partition of my choice, how
> does that happen: with a gui, drop-down menu or what?

There is no installer for Gentoo. You boot from a LiveCD and type commands
into a shell. That's how Gentoo is installed - your way. I'd suggest to
read the installation docs first.

> I don't mind
> formating the fat32/vfat partition to ext3 (or whatever gentoo uses).

Whatever _you_ want to use.

> My primary concern is losing data on the fedora partition, secondary

Then, just be carefull not to overwrite it.

> concern being some sort of snafu with grub or similar, although that's
> a fairly minor fix.

If you already have Linux on the box, then you also have grub already
installed. So you can skip that part of the installation and just add an
entry for booting Gentoo (assuming you'll keep Windows and Fedora, you will
have a triple boot system, then).

HTH...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111