Ryan Viljoen wrote:
> Hahah I get batted by my friends regularly about using Gentoo and not
> Suse and such. Apparently it requires to much constructive work to
> keep it running or get it running for that matter but then they dont
> understand anything about keeping your system uptodate with and emerge
> --synce emerge --world do they?! I wont even get onto my Windows using
> friends though they just shake their heads. I suppose each person is a
> zealot for their favourite distro heck I am for Gentoo, I guess thats
> just linux users for you :/
>
> Cheers
> Rav
>
> On 5/19/05, Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Out of curiosity, who here would say they have experienced any type of
>>emotional discrimination because they use Gentoo?  I find this in
>>correspondence with other Linux people sometimes.  Is Gentoo far
>>enough "out there" to warrant this type of attitude?  It seems like
>>these people are conservatives unwilling to roll with the changes to
>>me.
>>
>>- Grant
>>
>>--

I was the one of those that discriminated until I became a convert!

Until recently I was a devoted SuSe user and dipped my toes now and
again into other distros.

(What are suse doing by the way, I mean a 'My Computer' icon......)

Most of my friends and work colleagues think linux is a bit strange and
far too difficult to work on everyday. I have to use Windows in work
because of proprietory software (but I've sneaked a slackware box into
one corner and use that now and again) and I use linux at home.

Since I installed gentoo on my box at home I've not looked back. Its
stable, fast and I get to load on it what I want without many errors. I
cannot see myself going back to other distros.

Gentoo is different. Thats its strength as far as I can see. If I wanted
a 'my computer' icon on my desktop, indeed if I wanted to be forced to
use a desktop I could just take the easy way out and stay with windows.