Phill MV wrote:
A few hours ago I ran an emerge sync and an emerge -uva world. A handful of gnome packages went to 2.10 and I logged in and out to see any differences and, well, my applications menu is missing.

No solution I'm afraid. Just reporting some more problems that I encountered after the same operation (during which I lost the application menus as well.)

1. The clock applet: The panel encountered a problem while loading "OAFIID:GNOME_ClockApplet". Details: Failed to resolve, or extend '!prefs_key=/apps/panel/profiles/default/applets/applet_8/prefs;background=none:;orient=down;size=x-small;locked_down=false

2. Clicking the "Start Here" icon on the desktop gives error pop up saying "Couldn't display "start-here:///".

Yours
--
%% Mats