Ow Mun Heng wrote:

Funny. I have 2.4.0 for gnome-common.

So from my limited understanding of emerge I guess I have some work getting the portage tree in sync. (Maybe it is time for an "emerge --update --deep --newuse world" !?

I don't think a newuse is needed. What about gconf? is it 2.10?

gconf was 2.10 but many gnome packages was not 2.10 like gnome-panel. Upgrading gnome-panel fixed the problem with the clock applet so I did the whole update-deep-newuse-thing which seems to have been a good thing anyway.

I had the problem with the main-menu-icon which was in the bug-list and was solved by updating the icon-cache.

I still have the problem with the "start-here" icon on the desktop which when clicked results in the pop up "Couldn't display "start-here:///"." But that is something I can live with at the moment anyway.

Before the upgrade I was in the process of removing evolution. Could it be that I had some dependencies left from the unmerged package that caused emerge to have problems when upgrading? Evolution came back in anyway as a result of the update---thing.

Yours
--
%% Mats