Holly Bostick wrote:
> Rumen Yotov schreef:
>
>>Joseph wrote:
>>

>>>How do you replace revdep-rebuild, it is not in ebuild?
>>>I solved the problem by recompiling OO from source instead of binary.
>>>

>>Hi,
>>Revdep-rebuild is in portage-package, as '/usr/bin/revdep-rebuild'.
>>It's a shell-script, no need to compile it, just to unpack/place it.
>>You could copy the new one over the old one (make a backup first).
>>Later check the flags/permissions etc.
>>HTH. Rumen
>

> Thanks for the info, but I notice that there's also a patch to
> portage.py attached to the bug. Is it correct to just patch it with the
> standard "patch -p1 blah blah blah" (patch syntax doesn't roll
> trippingly off my typing finger, but I'll look it up before proceeding)?
>
> Is this "safe" (insofar as it's patching a portage file, unlike
> revdep-rebuild itself)?
>
> Holly

Hi Holly,

Safe? If you use the patch -b option it will automatically make a backup called
portage.py.orig in case you want to reverse the changes.

cd /usr/lib/portage/pym
patch -b -p0 < /tmp/revdep-rebuild-portage.py.patch
python -c "import compileall; compileall.compile_dir('`pwd`')"
python -O -c "import compileall; compileall.compile_dir('`pwd`')"

Zac