Joseph wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 21:10 +0300, Rumen Yotov wrote:
>

>>Joseph wrote:
>>

>>>How do you replace revdep-rebuild, it is not in ebuild?
>>>I solved the problem by recompiling OO from source instead of binary.
>>>

>>Hi,
>>Revdep-rebuild is in portage-package, as '/usr/bin/revdep-rebuild'.
>>It's a shell-script, no need to compile it, just to unpack/place it.
>>You could copy the new one over the old one (make a backup first).
>>Later check the flags/permissions etc.
>>HTH. Rumen
>>

>I just checked, revdep-rebuild is part of gentoolkit package. My
>installed version is the same one as the stable one in portage ver.
>0.2.0
>If that scrip would change the version of gentoolkit would be increase.
>So it would mean I have the most current one, is my understanding
>correct?

Hi,
When i first replied had some suspisions about revdep-rebuild being in
'gentoolkit', so checked with "qpkg -l portage | grep revdep-rebuild"
and there it was in portage, should have listened to my inner voice and
checked by: "qpkg -f -v /usr/bin/revdep-rebuild" - result:
app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.1_pre2.
So it's 'gentoolkit'. Seems that using: equery,qpkg,etcat could
sometimes give different results ;) (what about qfile).
@Holly: haven't checked but remember the patch is to get portage.py
correctly check the new vars introduced by revdep-rebuild, i think it
must by applied using "patch".
HTH. Rumen