Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:

>On July 13, 2005 11:43 am, A. Khattri wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
>>

>>>I recently updated portage tree & kernel and using usual
>>>
>>>genkernel --menuconfig --save-config all
>>>

>>Have you tried building a kernel manually (i.e. without using
>>genkernel)?
>>

>Nope... might try it as well but my understanding that all genkernel
>does is automates compilation/installation and makes sure options for
>devfs or udev are on (depending on --[no]udev --[no]devfs flags).
>

>>--
>>Aj.

Hi,
Have used both genkernel and manual-kernel-config, quite no problems
with both (except genkernel on hardened ;)
Think that you must manually give the options you want, ex."genkernel
--menuconfig --udev --install --bootsplash all"
The manual one is easier, less options ;) see install guide, kernel
compilation part.
HTH. Rumen