Hello,

I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2412 in my portable.
#lshw <reveals>:
*-cdrom
                   product: TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-R2412
                   vendor: Toshiba
                   physical id: 0
                   bus info: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                   logical name: /dev/hdc
                   version: 1015
                   serial: Z34A308331
                   capabilities: packet atapi cdrom
removable nonmagnetic dma lba iordy audio cd-r cd-rw dvd

K3b gives me this error message:
Could not mount device.
The reported error was:
mount: only root can mount /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 on /mnt/cdrom

/etc/fstab has this entry:
/dev/cdroms/cdrom0   /mnt/cdrom   iso9660  noauto,ro 0 0

# ls -alg /dev/cdroms/cdrom0   <reveals>
lr-xr-xr-x  1 root 33 Dec 31  1969 /dev/cdroms/cdrom0 ->
../ide/host0/bus1/target0/lun0/cd

/etc/group has this entry:
cdrom::19:root,james

Should I pass parameters to the device at boot
time via /etc/conf.d/hdparm file?

The cdrom works to play music and I can manually mount CDs with
#  mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
 to copy file off the cd.

So why the error message?
What did I miss?
Better Ideas on cdrom configuration are most welcome.
As I should be able to burn CDs with this device
and watch DVD movies?

James