Hello,

I've been using the gentoo stable branch since I began with this distro
(around 4 years ago), but lately I've been unmasking almost all packages
I use in my daily work (emacs, firefox, gnome*, xmonad, etc).

The reason for doing so is that what is considered as unstable as been
regarded as stable releases for the developers, and the truth is that
the problems I got for using outdated software were more that the ones I
had for using unstable versions.

Thus, I'm thinking about switching all of my system to the unstable
branch. But first I want to be sure that this is reasonable given the
problems I described before.

Can you provide me some useful advice according to your experience?

Thanks in advance,
Damian.