Hi there!

I want to setup an USB printer. So I http://localhost:631/, and notice
that the interface has changed. And when I try to add a printer, the only
options for a local printer are SCSI-printer and HAL printing backend. And
on the next screen, I have to enter the device URI by hand. How should I
know what to enter there? And wasn't there an autodetect feature? Is the
new CUPS (1.4.3) generally behaving like this lately, or is something
wrong with my setup?

The usb use flag is set. lsusb shows the printer as "Bus 001 Device 003:
ID 04a9:10a5 Canon, Inc. iP5200".

What is a HAL printing backend? Do I have to add some crazy fdi stuff for
the printer? CUPS does not even have a hal use flag. Dale, help!

        Wonko