On Sun, May 16, 2010 at 12:11 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sunday 16 May 2010 02:24:10 Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
> > On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Mine has xf86-* drivers as well.  OP, do you have your setting in
> > > make.conf correctly?  Mine looks like this:
> > >
> > > INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev"
> > >
> > > I do NOT use hal so your settings may need to be different but you do
> > > need the line tho.
> > >
> > > I have INPUT_DEVICES="evdev", and adding either of the others makes X
> go
> >
> > back to not starting at all.
>
> That's right, you will also then need to install the appropriate x86
> driver;
> e.g. x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse

You mean like this, the way it's always been?  Or is there something more
specific I have to do?
treat src # eix x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse
[I] x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse
     Available versions:  1.5.0{tbz2} {debug}
     Installed versions:  1.5.0{tbz2}(09:38:05 PM 05/11/2010)(-debug)
     Homepage:            http://xorg.freedesktop.org/

treat src #

BTW, the most recent boot started X without the mouse working, but these two
lines appear in /var/log/Xorg.0.log

line 44-47: (==) |-->Input Device "evdev"
            (==) |-->Input Device "<default keyboard>"
            (==) The core pointer device wasn't specified explicitly in the
layout.
                    Using the first mouse device.

line 457:   (==) MACH64(0): Silken mouse enabled

(MACH64 is my video card)
(My mouse is a Microsoft optical with a USB cord that I use with a PS/2
adapter and a KVM switch, which works with Live disks. I have no idea what
Silken is)

These are the only lines with the word "mouse" in them.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD