On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:10:22 -0500, Dale wrote:

> The corefonts is sort of odd.  I thought that was a system package, or
> at least it was.  Is this correct?

No, it was installed as a dependency of something else that either is
no longer installed or no longer requires corefonts. Here it's pulled in
by

% emerge --depclean -pv media-fonts/corefonts

Calculating dependencies... done!
  media-fonts/corefonts-1-r4 pulled in by:
    app-emulation/wine-1.1.44
    media-tv/mythtv-0.22_p24255
    net-analyzer/ntop-3.3.10-r2
    www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.45.2-r1

> I don't want to remove this unless
> something else has replaced it or something.  Anybody else removed this
> with no ill effects?

You're not going to break your system by removing a few optional fonts.

--
Neil Bothwick

Windows Error #09: Game Over. Exiting Windows.