David W Noon wrote:
On Wed, 19 May 2010 22:30:03 +0200, Dale wrote about Re: [gentoo-user]
corefonts being depcleaned?:

[snip]
Yea, it has times, ariel and a few others that I use a lot so it has
to stay.  I was going to try without it but I use those a lot.  Ariel
is really good for me to read with these old glasses.
Arial is simply the TrueType clone of Helvetica, which is part of the
htmldoc package. So, try using Helvetica instead, as it should
render a bit cleaner since it is a PostScript font.  It will also allow
you to get rid of the MS fonts, eventually; all of the "core fonts"
have PostScript equivalents.

I hadn't noticed that.  I just got to go compare those.  You got me curious.

Dale

:-)  :-)

This is Arial. This is Helvetica. Not very much difference here. Helvetica may be a bit larger tho. That would help these old eyes. :-D Sorry, couldn't resist.