Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Tue, 18 May 2010 21:10:22 -0500, Dale wrote:

The corefonts is sort of odd.  I thought that was a system package, or
at least it was.  Is this correct?
No, it was installed as a dependency of something else that either is
no longer installed or no longer requires corefonts. Here it's pulled in
by

% emerge --depclean -pv media-fonts/corefonts

Calculating dependencies... done!
   media-fonts/corefonts-1-r4 pulled in by:
     app-emulation/wine-1.1.44
     media-tv/mythtv-0.22_p24255
     net-analyzer/ntop-3.3.10-r2
     www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.45.2-r1

I don't want to remove this unless
something else has replaced it or something.  Anybody else removed this
with no ill effects?
You're not going to break your system by removing a few optional fonts.

These fonts have been on here for so long that I thought they were something that the console used or some other system package needed. After all, console has to have a font right? I just didn't want to remove this, reboot and get a error that console has no fonts to display or some such message. Then again, no fonts, maybe no message at all. lol

Now to see if I want these fonts and add them to the world file. I like fonts. Try to keep a bunch of them lying around.

Dale

:-)  :-)