On 08/13/10 23:50, Alex Schuster wrote:
> Massimiliano Ziccardi writes:
>
>> I'm trying to update my gentoo after a long time.
> That tends to be more problematic than regular updates.
>
>> I tried the update (emerge -uD world) but I got some problem about
>> conflicting and missing libraries, so I've uninstalled some software.
> portage 2.2 may ease these things, it does some automatic blocker
> resolution (does not work always for me, but most of the times). It is
> still masked, but people use it for far over a year now, and I did not
> read about big problems.
>

>> When it tries to emerge xfce4-panel it always gives this error during
>> the build process:
>>
>> /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la: No such file or directory
>>
>> I tried to re-emerge the libxfce4util package, but with no luck : that
>> file do not exists!!!
>>
>> Any idea?
> Maybe give 'lafilefixer --justfixit' a try? Emerge lafilefixer if you do
> not have it already.
>
> Have you read all he elog messages? They sometimes tell about additional
> manual steps that have to be done.
>
>       Wonko
Well, on my system, that file does belong to libxfce4util:

j...@aus8617 ~ $ equery belongs /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libxfce4util.la in *... ]
xfce-base/libxfce4util-4.6.2 (/usr/lib/libxfce4util.la)

What does the screen say when it gets to the install phase of emerge?
Any errors there, especially with that file?

Jake Moe