On 18 August 2010 22:30, Elmar Hinz <oss.el...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 1.) Is there a Map: modules to configration parameters?
>
> "lspci -k" lists me all modules of the running genkernel.
> Unfortunately the configuration parameters of the kernel have
> different names.

Submit your lspci -n output here and get amused by the magic
http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/
You can then search the modules in menuconfig using / and shift+insert

For the rest of your questions, in short, all I can say is I followed the
instructions in the gentoo handbook:
cd /usre/srx/linux
make menuconfig
and spend hours for customizing my kernel using menuconfig and its help.

I am sure more experienced users will show you a better way in a minute.