Grant wrote:
Do any of these warnings sound an alarm for anyone?

Warning: The command '/usr/bin/ldd' has been replaced by a script:
/usr/bin/ldd: Bourne-Again shell script text executable

Warning: The command '/usr/bin/whatis' has been replaced by a script:
/usr/bin/whatis: POSIX shell script text executable

Warning: The command '/usr/bin/lwp-request' has been replaced by a
script: /usr/bin/lwp-request: a /usr/bin/perl -w script text
executable

Warning: No output found from the lsmod command or the /proc/modules file:
/proc/modules output:
lsmod output:

Warning: The SSH configuration option 'PermitRootLogin' has not been
set. The default value may be 'yes', to allow root access.

Warning: The SSH configuration option 'Protocol' has not been set. The
default value may be '2,1', to allow the use of protocol version 1.

Warning: Hidden directory found: /dev/.udev
I have the same on my machines except for the lsmod output.  Did you
configure
your kernel without any modules?
Yes, no modules except that one that seems to be required called
something along the lines of scsi-wait-scan.

- Grant

I tried getting rid of that, I don't like modules much, but I had no luck. It just has to be a module and it seems it just has to be there. Still not sure it is the way it is.

Dale

:-)  :-)